Translate

Thursday 27 September 2012

Our souls will shine part 1

We're up now,
Where we belong,
Rising from the same boat,
Singing from the same song,
We're up now, & I'm bulletproof,
Nothing can stop me nothing can make me loose,
We had a hard life, back then,
When people told us we could never be more than just friends,
But we're up now, together again, loving each other, it's all a mend!

Yeh, seems like we never would,
Take so slow but I knew we should,
There was some bad quotes, how to live my life
But because I had you I knew I would never run for the knife!
It was a beautiful moon...that night,
Those horrendous 5 hours that we had to fight,
And yes I loved you, more than each minute went by,
I soon knew that we were out of time,
And yes I kept with the positive attitude,
Because I knew I would no longer be without you,
And though I'm in pain, well,
Me and you...we won the game,

Let'me hear you say,
Love me tenderly, we'll jump in the sea,
Loves like a rocket and that shuttle just hit me,
Fly from the boat in that arabesque pose,
Looks like we're the ones that the ship chose,
Heaven is a gateway, up from our hell,
Looks like we'll never get to hear those church bells,
The boat never docked but we really don't mind,
Because our hands they are locked and our souls will shine,
Our souls will shine...yeh our souls will shine

This is just the first two verses and the chorus to my song which I have written, the song is about the titanic and mainly jack and rose's last final hours but it could be for anyone that was on board the ship. I have written another few verses and choruses to post onto my blog, depending on the response I have. I can't exactly describe the tune to you so you can make up your own tune as you read it or maybe read it as a poem...I sing the first two verses as a half rap-which is singing crossed with rapping. Then I sing the chorus in just a really easy to keep up with tune.

3 comments:

  1. This is soooooo good! Please write the next part!!!!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until I read your comments at the bottom, I pictured the boat as being more symbolic. I was thinking maybe certain opportunities that were missed, by a choice to pursue a passionate relationship. I really like the last verse. And I guess I'm still in poet mode, I keep rhyming when I don't mean to. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I see what you mean...I didn't realise what you meant until I re-read the verses and chorus but I understand now! I didn't even realise that!

      Delete